|Phone||020 2727 3282|
|Address||Vijay Nagar, Kalewadi,
Maharashtra – 411 017
|Vicar||Fr. Joseph Noble OIC|
The Movement of the Malankara Church in Kalewadi began in 1985. Rev. Fr. Antony Valiyavilayil, the first Chaplain of MCA Pune, started the Kalewadi Parish in 1985. In 1987 a new church building was constructed under the able leadership of the then Vicar, Rev. Fr. Ignatius Thangalathil, OIC, and it was named ‘Holy Redeemers Malankara Catholic Church’ by His Grace the then Arch Bishop Benedict OIC. Currently Rev. Fr. Joseph Noble OIC is performing the duties of the parish vicar.
Very prominently, Mr/s.K.C,Behanan and Lillykutty Behanan were the initial pioneers in propagating the Malankara church spirit. They were the incoming migrant Malankarites in Pune from 1950 to 1985. Along with them we are happy to include late Mr/s.Varghese, Alexander & Jolly Thenguvila, Mr/s. A.V. Verghese Thangalathil, Mr.PG Thomas & Mrs. Rachal and they were supporting Mr. Behanan to write to our Bishops and to fight with them in getting a pastoral administrative set up in Pune for the spiritual growth of the working class Malankarites in Pune.