|Phone||022 2852 1121|
|Address||No.18095, Pipeline Road,
Maharashtra – 400 072
|Vicar||Fr. Philip Pulipra|
Fr. Augustine Kailathu OIC had celebrated the first MalankaraQurbono on August 25th 1974 at Holy Cross church, Kurla. About 68 persons attended the Holy Qurbono. Later Fr. Augustine OIC together with Late K.M.Mammen as president and late M.C.Abraham as secretary formed the Malankara association with the name SyroMalankara Ecumenical Association. During the period of Fr. Possenti OIC, Malankara Catholic Association (MCA) was registered. In 1982, Mumbai Malankarites had the first institution, a Bethany Ashram at Andheri, later shifted to Sakinaka. In 1992, about 18 cents of land with an existing building was purchased in Sakinaka, On 1st November, 1992 Archbishop Benedict Mar Gregorios blessed the Ashram and Church at Sakinaka. Thus, St.Mary’s MCC Church, Sakinaka, was raised to the status of a personal parish and Fr Ignatius Thangalathil OIC was appointed as first vicar of the personal parish. He was also appointed as mission superior of Mumbai Pune region.
In 1998, the existing Bethany Ashram and Church were built under the efficient guidance of Fr. Ignatius, Fr. John Berchmans OIC and with the generous contributions of Sakinaka parishoners. Then Archbishop, Most Rev Cyril Mar Baselios OIC was the main celebrant for the blessing and Holy Qurbono. In 2005, a Convent was formed near the parish, near the premises of the church by the SIC congregation. Sr. Jeena SIC is the Sister in Charge of the parish.